Saturday 21 July 2012

Website Project-Planning

My last project from the first year is another graphics project. The brief for this project was to make a simple website using Adobe Flash. Like the previous project this would also be accompanied by a workbook explaining my process and progress.
I started off with a mind map exploring the different areas I would have to explore such as the user interface and any unique flash elements. 


 I then explored some different ideas for the topic of my website such as data flows, visualisations, space and physics(cern), but i settled on the idea below: mountaineering, as I have a fair amount of experience and photos I have taken.
 With the topic chosen I did some sketches to work out how to best display the information and to create an effective navigation system.
 In the end I settled with a mixture of two of the ideas by using a map idea with pictures accessed by a mouse hover over on the peaks.

Finally the last bit of planning was working out how many pages I would need. My first try gave me 52, far too many. I was able to reduce this to just 13, much better.

Next time it will be the practical making of the website.

1 comment:

  1. "...make a simple website using Adobe Flash" - Eww.

    Other than that, nice. And I guess that isn't really your fault.

    ReplyDelete