Sunday 4 September 2011

Gouache Desert Video

So today I tried two new things. The first is a type of paint called Gouache (pronounced gwash like squash). It creates a more opaque watercolour effect somewhat like acrylic but not as thick. Below is the painting I did, a spontaneous painting of a western style Mexican village at night in the desert. For my first attempt with these paints I am very pleased.
The second new thing I decided to do was to film me doing the painting. This was quite tricky as I had to improvise a stand out of a desk lamp and duct tape, but although it is somewhat out of focus, I think it went quite well. To save you from the tedium of watching the full 15mins or so, I have sped it up to just 2 mins (I don't paint as fast as the video may suggest). I also put it to some themed music to make it slightly less dull. Hope you enjoy, I hope to do more in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment