Wednesday 29 February 2012

Model Workshop 3

Last day of the Model Workshop and seeing as I got all the pieces fabricated yesterday, today was just spraying. Having got rid of some defects yesterday through sanding today started with another coat of primer, finishing the undercoat.
 With the undercoat finished I began applying my colour scheme. I chose to have the body a matte black, with the buttons in red and the wheel holder in white. This gave me a variety of colours and textures , with the red and white providing spot colours and contrast to the black body and wheel.
So after roughly three coats the colour was finished without too much trouble (although the red did splatter all over my lab coat) to a suitable quality and, because of the long drying time for the paint (its touch dry after 10 mins but takes 4 hours to dry properly) all that remained was to hand over the pieces to Paul the technician for him to glue together and mark tomorrow.
So as far as this project is concerned all that remains is to pick it up on Friday, where I'll be able to show it in it's fully assembled form.

No comments:

Post a Comment