Sunday 20 November 2011

Metal Workshop- Trammel (5) Complete

My first workshop is now finished, and about time too. Above is the completed trammel which was finished on Wednesday, marked on Thursday and I picked up on Friday. Hopefully I got a good score as I finished on time and managed to get a reasonably good finish and degree of accuracy into the tool. It has been fun making it and as a first time making something of this nature, it feels good to know that I have made something that I would not be surprised to find in a shop, due to the accuracy of the machines I was using. And because you probably know all there is to (or would want to) know about this, I'll just leave you with some pictures of the final object.
The Trammel in it's various components.
The main body of the trammel
 The trammel pen and lead holder and the extension

And some close ups of the trammel

And finally, my stamp of ownership, on both of the two point holders.
So that's the end of that part of my course, hopefully passing the workshop so I can be deemed safe to use it next year, and now another break for two weeks for graphics before the wood working workshop for two weeks before Christmas. (p.s I've only just found out it's a 'Trammel')

No comments:

Post a Comment