Wednesday 23 November 2011

Sci-Fi Space Ship

Today I had a free day and other than meeting a friend from school whi had come up for an interview, nothing really happened, so lots of work then...well not really. Today I basically had, as far as the work had to go, a creative block. I was still able to get some maths and electronics done, so not a day wasted, but not a great day either. So in an attempt to get some creativity back into me I decided to do something I have not done in a while and embrace creativity wholely, abandoning reality. To make something completely imaginative.
So this is the resulting design (please click for a larger view it looks much better), a sci-fi sort space ship/plane. I chose to do it following the advice of the artist Doug Chiang, an exceptional concept designer whose book Mechanika I own. Doug Chiang is a multi award winning designer (2 BAFTAs and an Oscar) who has designed for movies such as Star Wars Episode I (as lead designer), Episode II, War of the Worlds, Terminator 2 and Forrest Gump. I would recommned his book Mechanika to any designer as it features excellent tips on using markers and photoshop and creating good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment