Wednesday 4 January 2012

Cocktail Maker- Finished

Finally it is done. At last I have completed the artifact part of the Graphics course. My Cocktail Maker is complete, minus a name, and a tagline, and a poster, and a workbook.......so mostly done......ish.

But anyway this is what I have done, and I am very pleased with it. It has taken a long time and it was very difficult to get it to look real, I still don't think it does, but oh well. Below are the main stages that went into the creation of this image.
After a very rough sketch I drew the Isometric (35 degrees) drawing on the left to finalise the design, followed by the more dramatic and eye catching two point perspective drawing on the right.
 That drawing was then scanned and imported into Photoshop where using the pen tool I isolated and created masks for all the different shapes, which took quite a while (100+ screenshots!!)
Then with the masks completed I was able to start importing other images and textures into the image, shaping them with the masks and transform tools and adding highlights and shading. Of course this took the most time requiring 200+ screenshots.

But anyway with that out of the way I can now get on with the poster and the workbook. With that in mind my late night reading today will be: The Visual Quickstart Guide to Illustrator CS5....all of it; better get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment