Saturday 3 December 2011

Cocktail Research- Ingredients & Infographics

I've been doing some research on Cocktail Recipes for my graphics project, which has been enlightening and amusing to say the least. But now that it is done, I have collected the information into a more visual and graphical style: Infographics. Infographics are visual ways to display often complex information in a much clearer and easy to understand medium than just text.

My first Infographic was to collect all the recipes I had gathered and demonstrate how the various ingredients are used multiple times in different combinations in different drinks.

 The names of the drinks go on the left while the ingredients are along the top. Each new colour is a different ingredient.
With this done I then decided to display the information in a different way, as a series of linked boxes, with the drink is linked to their component ingedients.However this did not work.
So I decided to minimise the clutter by minimising the ingredients, and thus the drinks.
Now it is much clearer and shows how 9 ingredients can be used to create 16 different drinks. I was reduced to only nine by limitations of both space, and in what combinations I could link without the lines crossing. But anyway, I'm pleased with my first proper Infographics and I plan on doing many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment