Wednesday 20 July 2011

Back from Hospital, back to life...gently

Ok so here I am back after a slightly extended break, eleven days in total, not the predicted three. Still I'm recovering now, although because of the operation things are happening slower now and therefore take longer, so although I will still try to get a post done once a day, they may have somewhat less content than before, apologies.

Ok so this is a brief page of small sketches I did while in hospital. Unfortunately I did not do many sketches in hospital, it was difficult to stay focused so this is pretty much the sum total done, so oh well. The images include a butterfly, a city scene an eye and some faces.



This is a page of design done around the motor industry, with a terribly designed car in the bottom right. This was done entirely from memory/imagination and made me very quickly realise the importance of reference images and the like.


Finally I'm not sure how relevant or interesting anyone may find this but below are some of the reading material I had while in hospital, just if anyone is interested in what I am interested in, which I kind of assume you are as you are reading this blog. These are pretty much what sustained me through the long hours, the magazines were brought from a WHSmiths in the hospital itself, the books were from home. I will list the exact titles of each one beneath the photos.

Top Gear Magazine
Focus Magazine
Fantasy Art 01
How It Works: Book if Amazing Technology
The Astonishing Spiderman
Essential X-Men


Life in the Universe- Lewis Dartnell
The Gates of Rome- Conn Iguldenn
The Children of Hurin and The Silmarillion- JRR Tolkien

On an aside note the Life in the Universe I received from the author after he delivered a lecture in Disneyland Paris on a school trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment