Saturday 2 July 2011

Computer Desk Tidy and Assassin's Creed

This is a desk tidy I have been working on for the last couple of days. I came up with the idea after noticing two holes drilled in the side of my desk, just under where the USB ports are located on my laptop. Then I came up with the idea of using some left over HIPS (High Impact PolyStyrene) left from my A2 project with a couple of bolts and nuts and some super glue to hold it together. I used a junior hacksaw the cut the HIPS and bolts and then a file, glasspaper, wet and dry and finally wire wool to clean the edges and surfaces and shape the HIPS. Below are some working photos and the tray in use.
The original holes.

The basic tray made.

In place.

With the items.

Detail of the clips holding the wires.



Another quick black and white digital painting, done while watching my brother play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I am particulary pleased with how Ezio on the left came out but the castle could have been done better. Any comments below, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment