Monday 25 July 2011

Toffee hammer and Room Tidying

So today I haven't exactly achieved much. My greatest achievement today was probably tidying and sorting my room but more on that later. First here is something that although not actually finished is as close to being finished as I can get without a lot of work and little result so here it is.


It is a small hammer, probably a toffee hammer,(I can't think of any other use for it) made out of aluminium. The two parts are the handle and the block on top which I found with a matching screw and thread which when combined looked to me like a hammer. So after some trimming with a junior hacksaw and a file and a lot of sanding and polishing with varying grades of glass paper, wet and dry, emery cloth and wire wool I managed to get it partially reflective and shaped as you can see. I must say the aluminium is really nice to hold and the weight, although lacking in hitting power, is just right to hold. I must admit, I'm rather proud of it. Of course it could be more reflective but as I said that will take a lot more work and finer wire wool so it can wait. Here are some more photos.



 Anyway so as I said tidying my room was my only real achievement today and particularily so as I finally found a place for my GCSE D.T project, my (rather awkward) CD rack. After only two years I finally cleared out my cupboard and realised I had enough room for it to fit and a proper home for my CDs, which were living in a drawer.





I was also able to find a home for my art sketch books, but that's less of an achievement (in my mind anyway). There will be some new work tomorrow, might be art or design but it should be new at least. Please leave any comments, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment