Monday 4 July 2011

Rechargable Toothbrush, Garden Sketch and 10,000th Photo

Okay so I couldn't really think of anything new to come up with today so I've resorted to one of my pet hates, simply the way rechargeable toothbrushes just waste heat when they are plugged in but not connected to the toothbrush. Now I think it is great how the charger charges the toothbrush through heat to avoid any connections with electricity and water, but I just don't see how it has to produce heat all the time.
This annoys me because I truly wonder how difficult it can be to design a system, as basic as you like, so the charger knows when the toothbrush is in place and so needs to charge it and when it's not there and so doesn't need to generate the heat; so I did. Answer: Not difficult.
It simply uses a basic pressure switch so when the toothbrush is in place and the switch is compressed, the circuit is complete, and when the toothbrush is gone the switch is loose and the circuit is broken. There simple. Now why can't Braun come up with that?

Anyway today was so sunny I knew that I was going to have to do something outside so I did this sketch of the tree and fence at the end of our garden. Quite pleased with it, although it does look a bit 2D in places, but still it was fun doing it.


This is a photo of my camera, which is also the 10,000th photo I have taken with it since I first got it in early 2008. I have taken it pretty much everywhere I have been, through cold, hot and wet and still it works brilliantly and keeps taking photos. Below are some of my favorite photos showing where I have taken my camera over the last 4 years and other photos I like.

2008




2009



2010




2011

As always please leave any comments, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment