Wednesday 6 July 2011

AS Guitar Chair and Osgiliath

Okay so no new design work today, instead here are some development drawings of my AS DT project, a Guitar practice chair.


 


These actually show the second design process as I created one final design and was going with that until one of my teachers, to put it bluntly, said it looked like a toilet. So I then decided to try a more structural approach out of metal resulting in the design below which, despite being a pain to braze and breaking in half, then proceeded to get 93% for the coursework so not too bad.



So I've just begun reading one of Tolkien's lesser known known stories set in early Middle Earth called the Children of Hurin so that is probably the inspiration for this a quick digital drawing of Osgiliath during the War of the Ring (Lord of the Rings Period). Below is the plain line drawing.


Final note, I will not be able to post tomorrow or probably on Friday as I am going into hospital for a keyhole surgery. So I'll be back soon and please leave any comments, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment